Blog #6 Blended/Hybrid Learning

Blended learning is essentially learning using technology, or a blend of learning with technology and without it.  The website listed below has the 7 different models for Blended Learning: Station Rotation, Lab Rotation, Individual Rotation, Flipped Classroom, Flex, A La Carte, and Enriched Virtual.  These models list all of the different ways to integrate technology in teaching.  The main idea with the blended learning is that students can learn the material before class and then come to class ready to work on assignments or projects and practice.

I have thought a lot about how this model can fit into my content area and there are multiple different ways.  The first that comes to mind is flipping a writing unit so that the students learn about the writing process at home through videos or online learning, and then come to class ready to actually work on that process.  The process of writing an essay can be a stressful one for students but if I flip the process students can learn at home and work at school while getting clarification.

My main goal with this is to take things one step at a time. Initially, when I first learned about blended/hybrid learning I was concerned about the time it would take to create online lessons and such for students.  My main goal is to not get overwhelmed and keep at this blended learning plan.  Especially for my writing units.

“Blended Learning Models.” Blended Learning Universe, www.blendedlearning.org/models/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UDL: Action & Expression (Formative)

Equity and UDL